Friday, September 14, 2007

Spiritual War

For the past two days our class focus has been on spiritual warfare. A week ago, I hardly knew anything in detail about this topic. I know that we are in God's army and a spiritual war is going around us at all times. But honestly, I don't think it was ever really a part of my life. I have never stopped and realized that I was not only in the United States military but more importantly - I am a soldier for God. I have always fought with my human flesh but Satan and his attacks have never been a part of my awareness. I learned a lot from today's study, didn't agree with it all but am determined to begin fighting more fervently by the power of Christ and with the protection of the Holy Spirit. I pray that God can use me in Africa to do some major damage in this spiritual war by sharing His love and protection to those in need.

Who needs martial arts skills when I have the armor of the Lord?? Ephesians 6:10-11, "Be strong in the Lord and in the strength of His power. Put on the whole armor of God, so that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil."

No comments: