Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Double Size

So, I begin my task of sewing this past weekend. I was so excited. My sister and mom sent me these wild materials. I decided to start with the cheetah print. I cut out all the pieces and was about 70% finished with the skirt when I realized......dun dun dun (doom sounding music) I didn't take sizing into account. I just cut at the outter most line, which is for the biggest size. So as I wrapped the skirt around me to get an idea of how it was turning out...I kept wrapping and wrapping around my middle. OOPS. Thankfully, I think I can fix it, but it took some of the wind out of my sewing sails.


Tonight a pastor at a local church came to speak with the Slate family and I. He, Josiah, use to work with World Harvest Mission and in Uganda. Imagine my delight at having someone here who knew people from my home base. He just got back last week from spending a couple weeks with my team mates in Fort Portal. I longed to suck him dry of information. He had so much to share about his experiences. It felt so amazing to talk with someone who shared a passion with me for the children of Uganda. He told with tears in his eyes, of constantly leaving food on his plate there so the hungry kids cleaning it up would be able to eat. It renewed my longing to be over there among the children.
*Picture taken from Tara's website!*

No comments: