Thursday, September 6, 2007

His way of speaking

Amazing how God speaks to us and teachs us what He wants us to learn. Today we were study a reading that tells us that God is not only using us to help and share the gospel with others but He is also making a change within us.

I was so wrapped up with helping others and being a missionary to others that I didn't stop for one second to think about the change and growth that needed to take place within my own life. I realize that I needed this mission trip as much as the people who I will be helping.

I have met some wonderful people here who are dedicating their lives to the mission field. I am so jealous of their calling and yet at the same time scared. I am scared that as much as I love the academy and my life style here...I will get to Uganda and fall in love with the children and ministering to them. I almost want to hold myself back from falling in love with them so the decision about what to do after my year there will be easier. Part of me longs God to call me there full time and the other part is so so scared that He will and I will have to give up everything.

No comments: